BetfredBetfred started off as a bookmaker in the UK, established as far back as 1967. Since it was started by its original co-founders, Fred and Peter Done, Betfred has not only stood the test of time, it’s grown to become one of the biggest names in sports betting and online casino gambling in the UK with 1,370 betting shops around the country and a thriving network of online gambling sites. claim
- Mobile Platforms iphone, android
General information about Betfred
Betfred started off as a bookmaker in the UK, established as far back as 1967. Since it was started by its original co-founders, Fred and Peter Done, Betfred has not only stood the test of time, it’s grown to become one of the biggest names in sports betting and online casino gambling in the UK with 1,370 betting shops around the country and a thriving network of online gambling sites.
In 2017, Betfred came top of the list of the North West’s top 200 businesses, for the fourth year in a row, testament to their incredible success and popularity. Betfred takes a fun, friendly approach to the world of online gambling, with a very down to earth, player-focused mindset that is appreciated by many.
When you play at Betfred, you will immediately see that it’s not just a casino site. There is an affiliated sports betting site as well as lotto, bingo, virtual sports and poker on offer as well.
The casino site is licenced by both the UK Gambling Commission and the Gibraltar Regulatory Authority, both of which are very reputable regulators. This means you can trust Betfred to deal with their players fairly and ethically. All player details are also protected against prying eyes by high level encryption technology that will prevent your personal and financial information falling into the wrong hands.
As far as online casinos go, you can’t go wrong playing at Betfred. They have a great range of games, some really good promotions and a player focused attitude.
Betfred offers their new players a three part welcome bonus that’s worth up to £200 over your first three deposits. The minimum amount you can deposit is just £5, which is lower than you’ll find at many online casinos. The welcome bonus package works like this:
- 1st deposit: 100% match worth up to £100
- 2nd deposit: 50% match worth up to £50
- 3rd deposit: 50% match worth up to £50.
The bonus will be automatically credited to your account when you make your first deposit. To accept your bonus you will need to first load up a casino game and then you will be credited with the bonus amount depending on the size of your initial deposit.
Wagering requirements: The Betfred welcome bonus comes with wagering requirements of 40x, which are fairly standard for the industry. Other requirements include accepting your bonus within three days of making your qualifying deposit and wagering your bonus in full within 14 days after you receive it. If you are unable to meet these requirements, your bonus will expire and any remaining credit or winnings will be removed from your account.
Wagering contributions: Not all games count equally here when you are playing through your welcome bonus. It’s important to be aware of this so you can choose the games that will contribute the most to your overall wagering requirements. At Betfred, slots are the only games that will count 100%. Other games do count, but not as much:
- Bingo and Keno – 50%
- Video poker, card and table games and roulette – 25%
- Blackjack, baccarat, craps and roulette – 10%
- Alternative slots and arcade games – 5%
As you can see from this, the Betfred welcome bonus is very slots focused and table and card game player are going to have difficulty meeting their wagering requirements within the required timeframe.
All in all this is a good welcome bonus with a generous bonus amount and reasonable wagering requirements. It is most suited to slots players and if you are not willing to play slots you may find it difficult to wager the full amount of your bonus and get the benefit.
How to Get the Welcome Bonus
- Sign in to your Betfred account or sign up for a new account
- Deposit at least £5 and transfer it to chips
- Load up a casino game
- Opt in to accept your bonus.
Deposits / Withdrawals
Betfred offers a number of different ways to move money in and out of your account. From credit and debit cards through to prepaid cards and e-wallets, most of the main options are catered for so you shouldn’t have any trouble making a deposit. There are no charges for making a deposit although your credit card issuer may impose a fee.
Withdrawals take up to 48 hours to process and they are usually processed to the same method as you deposited with. There is a maximum withdrawal amount of £9,999.99 in any given transaction so any big wins may need to be withdrawn in instalments.
Betfred has quite a few ongoing promotions for their players, including:
- Choose your boost: Betfred runs ad hoc promotions where players can get a bonus of their choosing when they transfer at least £10 from their casino account into casino chips. Players can choose from five free spins, a free sports bet or a free casino bonus. 25x wagering requirements apply to all boosts before you can cash out your winnings.
- High roller bonus: If you make a first deposit of £1000 or more you will be eligible to get the high roller welcome bonus. This gives you a bonus of £500 instead of the standard £200 welcome bonus. All you need to do to claim this bonus is create an account, register a payment method and deposit a minimum of £1000.
- Cash drops: This is a promotion that’s run at Betfred from time to time and it can be very lucrative. Every Saturday Betfred will randomly place £50 into players accounts and then they will remove them at the rate of 10 per hour unless they are claimed or removed. To take advantage of this promotion you will need to log in to your account regularly and check the balance. If you are a lucky recipient of the £50 you will then need to either withdraw some or place a bet or play with the money. If you want to be eligible to receive the cash drop you’ll also need to have deposited twice and staked at least £10 across any Betfred product. You can get an extra entry into the draw each time you stake £10 anywhere on the site.
- Comp points: Every time you play at Betfred you accrue comp points that can be exchanged for cash. Each £10 you stake is worth one comp point. The more points you collect, the higher you rise through the ranks and the better the redemption rate when you trade your points in for cash. There are six levels to the comp points program at Betfred.
Overall this is a great set of promotions and there is something for most different types of player.
The games at Betfred are provided by Playtech and they include slots, casino card games, table games, a live casino and more. Playtech are particularly well known for their marvel themed slot games and you’ll find plenty of those here along with great progressive jackpots, simple three and five reel slot games and much more.
Betfred has games to suit every taste and style of player, including a good range of online casino games. You can choose from multiple versions of virtual blackjack, roulette and video poker as well as an excellent live casino that has live blackjack, baccarat, roulette and poker.
If you get bored playing at the extensive selection of slots and online casino games you can always try your hand at bingo, sports betting, lotto and more at Betfred’s associated sites. When you take the other sites into consideration, the range of options at Betfred is hard to beat and it caters to the full spectrum of online betting and gambling tastes.
Betfred runs primarily on Playtech software. Playtech are one of the top online casino software providers and they have a fantastic reputation. You can expect a high quality experience when you play here, both in terms of the selection of games and the speed and graphics.
Players can choose to either download the software onto their computer or play directly through their browser at the Flash casino. Both will give you access to a wide range of games although you’ll find a better selection on the download casino.
Whatever platform you choose to play on you will find the games are fast and crisp and they display well in most browsers.
Mobile Casino and Apps
Betfred offers a full mobile casino for their players with an excellent range of around 200 games on offer. This is a much wider selection than you’ll find at most other online casinos, making Betfred’s mobile site one of the best around.
There’s no need to download an app when you play at Betfred’s mobile site. All you need to do is navigate to the Betfred homepage from your smartphone or tablet and you’ll be automatically directed to the mobile optimised version of the Betfred site where you can access a range of games that have been adapted for the touchscreen.
Betfred’s mobile casino uses HD graphics so all their mobile games display in exceptionally high quality. You’ll find a good selection of mobile games here including the usual slots along with scratchcards, video poker, and a handful of online casino games. Progressive slot fans will be pleased to know they can still get the top progressive games on their mobile.
You don’t need to set up a separate mobile account. All players can use their existing account details – you just have to sign in on your mobile and you’ll be able to access all your account features including deposits, withdrawals and promotions.
Design and Lobby
The Betfred site design is not the most slick or up to date out there but it’s very functional and you should be able to find everything you need without too much trouble. The lobby has quite a lot going on, with tabs across the top for the different game categories and the different Betfred websites.
The welcome bonus is advertised along the top along with their other current promotions so it’s easy to find what’s hot and new. They also do a good job of advertising their new and featured slot games, which is great if you want to find a new favourite or you’re not sure what to play.
While it’s not the most overwhelming in appearance, the Betfred site does run fast and smoothly and it’s easy to see at a glance what’s on offer. The games are well categorised and easy to find and you should have no trouble opening an account, playing online and accessing the online support features if you need to.
- Live chat: 24/7
- Email: email@example.com
- Phone: 0800 028 7747
Did You Know?
Betfred is named after its co-founders, Peter and Fred Done.
- Total player rating: 4 stars
- Quality of support: 4.5 stars
- Player experience: 4 stars
- Bonus – promotions: 4 stars
Overall, Betfred offers an excellent online casino and it has the added bonus of associated sports betting, poker and bingo sites. While the design isn’t fantastic, the range of games is excellent and the mobile casino is one of the best out there. This is one online casino that truly does offer something for everyone.