Terms and Conditions apply. New players only. 18+. 35x wagering applie...
What are Skrill Free Spins?
Skrill is an online payment method that is common in online casinos the world over. As an e-wallet, Skrill is essentially an online bank account that you deposit money into and use to make payments online. Skrill has been around for years as a payment method and it’s particularly popular with UK players. Like most e-wallets, Skrill is secure and fast although it can take a few days for money to arrive into your personal bank account when you withdraw from Skrill.
Many online casinos offer free spins for their players who make a deposit into their account using Skrill or another payment method of their choosing. These free spins can be given out as part of a bigger welcome package, or as a standalone promotion to players who top up their account regularly or claim a specific bonus.
Once you top up your casino account using Skrill you should get your free spins immediately. If you have received your free spins as part of a welcome package you might get them all in one big hit or in installments over a week or ten days. Most Skrill free spins come with an expiry date so you’ll need to use them quickly or you will probably lose them.
Featured Free Spins
Significant Terms: 18+ Deposit Bonus, new customers only. Tiered bonus...Learn more
18+. New customers only. £20 min deposit. 30x wagering. 7-day expiry...Learn more
Guts Casino- 100 Extra Spins Along with a $500 BonusLearn more
Dream Jackpot- Deposit Match Bonus Up to £900 Over 3 Deposits + 75 Bo...Learn more
18+. New Customers only. Min deposit £20-£100. Max Deposit £50-£20...Learn more
Online Casino Software Providers Who Accept Skrill
The majority of reputable online casinos accept Skrill, and certainly most of the online casinos we review here take Skrill as a payment method. There are a number of reputable online casino software providers including Microgaming, NetEnt, Playtech, Betsoft, Play ‘n’ Go, Next Gen and more and in the vast majority of cases when you play at their casinos you will find that Skrill is supported.
If you’re keen to use Skrill and Skrill alone, you can always check with an individual casino to find out if they accept Skrill or not by going to their banking tab. Here you will find a list of the payment methods accepted for both deposits and withdrawals at the casino, along with a list of the withdrawal times for each payment method. This is just as important as you don’t want to be waiting for weeks for every withdrawal, especially when it takes a few days for the money to move from Skrill to your bank account.
Fortunately, Skrill is usually one of the faster payment methods available which means withdrawal times should be short compared to credit and debit cards. With the majority of online casino software providers accepting Skrill, it’s generally a good choice of payment method to use.
Paying with Skrill in a Free Spins Casino
As well as being widely available, Skrill is also very straightforward to use. The first thing you need to do is set up your account with Skrill. This can be done by visiting the Skrill website and registering your details. It’s quick and easy to open an account and you only need to provide an email address. Once your account is open you can then send money from your bank account to top it up.
To use Skrill in an online casino you will need to go to the deposit page, select the “e-wallets” option, then select ‘Skrill/Moneybookers”. You’ll need to enter the email address you used to register your Skrill account and the amount you want to transfer (don’t forget to account for currency differences!). Once you’ve confirmed your transaction the money should be available immediately.
In most cases there won’t be any fees for making a deposit using Skrill at an online casino. Do be aware though, that some casinos won’t let you claim their welcome bonus if you make your first deposit using Skrill or any other e-wallet. If this is the case you may need to use a different payment method for your first deposit and then switch to Skrill once you’ve received the welcome bonus.
Advantages of using Skrill
Skrill has many advantages as a payment method. Here are some of the main ones:
- Security: Skrill is very secure and safe to use and many players prefer it to using a credit or debit card because you don’t give away any of your personal financial information, bank account details or credit card number online. Skrill is also great if you don’t want the casino’s name and details to appear on your bank statement or credit card statement. Skrill is perfect for anyone who is privacy or security conscious.
- Speed: Unlike some other payment methods that can take a few days to arrive in your account, Skrill is very fast. Once you’ve made a deposit the money will be there immediately and withdrawals are processed quickly, at some casinos instantly, while other casinos will take a few days.
- Versatility: Because it’s a commonly used online payment method, Skrill can be used to make payments for all types of products and services online. This means that you don’t necessarily have to move money back into your bank account after you’ve made a casino withdrawal. You can use the money in your Skrill account to make direct purchases.
There’s a reason why Skrill is such a popular payment method and once you’ve used it a few times it’s easy to see why.
Disadvantages of Using Skrill
While it does have many advantages, there are also a few disadvantages to using Skrill as a payment method. The main one is that it does take a bit of time to register an account, although this is relatively easy compared to something like applying for a credit card or opening a bank account.
Another disadvantage to using Skrill as a casino payment method is that it can sometimes be excluded from casino promotions. There are some casinos that won’t let you claim their welcome bonus or other promotions if you have deposited using Skrill and this can make you ineligible for some very good deals.
There is also an extra step involved if you want to get your casino winnings into your bank account as you will need to transfer the money from your casino account on to Skrill and then again from Skrill to your bank account. Again, this is very simple but if you prefer to cut down the steps taken you may want to try a different method.
Skrill Free Spins FAQ
- Where can I find Skrill free spins promotions? Take a look at the promotions page of your favourite online casino to find the latest promotions or check out our free spins promotions and reviews here.
- How do I know if Skrill is accepted at an online casino? Skrill is accepted at most casinos but if you’re in doubt you can check their banking page or their terms and conditions page to find out which methods are accepted.
- If I make a deposit with Skrill can I switch to another payment method later? Yes, although if you have made a deposit on Skrill you will need to withdraw the same amount on Skrill before you switch to another payment method. This is standard casino policy to safeguard against money laundering.
- Is there a limit on the size of the deposit I can make using Skrill? With full verification of your Skrill account you can deposit anything up to €25,000 per month. If you have an unverified account these limits will be smaller, depending on whether your account is partially verified or not verified at all.
- Are there any fees for having a Skrill account? If you have a personal account with Skrill there are no fees, as long as your account remains active. You may be charged a fee if your account is left dormant for a year or more. Skrill business accounts may also be eligible for a fee.